What I’m up to now
- I’m currently a Business Analyst at Logisolve. I’ve spent the past five years working with product owners and agile development teams to understand problems, define solutions, and keep communication flowing. I think my key strengths are in analysis and technical communication.
- I’m currently reading “The Art of UNIX Programming” by Eric Raymond. It’s full of Unix lore and software design philosophy.
- I just finished reading “Ed Mastery” by Michael W Lucas.
- I’ve been spending time thinking and writing about Gopher at SDF.
- Studying text processing with UNIX, getting familiar with tools like sed, awk, groff, bash, m4, and GNU recutils.
- I’m always looking for clever regular expressions I can use in Vim.
Selected books from my bookshelf.
Better Business Writing by Bryan Garner
Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
The Non-Designers Design Book by Robin Williams
Intelligence Essentials for Everyone by Lisa Krizan
Critical Thinking and Intelligence Analysis by David T. Moore
Analyzing Intelligence: Origins, Obstacles, and Innovations by Roger Z. George and James B. Bruce
The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt and Jeff Cox
Good Strategy/Bad Strategy by Richard P. Rumelt
Start with Why by Simon Sinek
Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days by Jake Knapp et. al.
Inspiration for this page here.