What I’m up to now
- I’m currently a Business Analyst at Logisolve. I’ve spent the past five years working with product owners and agile development teams to understand problems, define solutions, and keep communication flowing. I think my key strengths are analysis and technical communication.
- Studying text processing with UNIX; getting familiar with tools like sed, awk, groff, and bash.
- Studying typography and typesetting. Notable resources on this include Thinking with Type by Ellen Lupton and The Non-Designers Design Book by Robin Williams.
- I’m slowly learning C from The C Programming Language, 2nd Edition by Kernighan and Ritchie.
- Studying analytic tradecraft: intelligence analysis tactics, techniques, and procedures used within the United States Intelligence Community.
Selected books from my bookshelf.
Better Business Writing by Bryan Garner
Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
The Non-Designers Design Book by Robin Williams
Intelligence Essentials for Everyone by Lisa Krizan
Critical Thinking and Intelligence Analysis by David T. Moore
Analyzing Intelligence: Origins, Obstacles, and Innovations by Roger Z. George and James B. Bruce
The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt and Jeff Cox
Good Strategy/Bad Strategy by Richard P. Rumelt
Start with Why by Simon Sinek
Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days by Jake Knapp et. al.
Inspiration for this page here.